Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Memory Lane

Now that we are so close to travel, I've started to reminisce a bit about our first adoption journey, which made me go digging for old photos...  and looky what I found!






















This was the first picture we saw of our big 10-year-old guy.  Look at the hair...  and the ears...  and the muscle shirt!  And look at the worried expression on his little face.  At 7.5 months, my sweet guy's life had just been turned upside down.

We don't know how much Kate knows or understands about what will be happening in her life over the next few weeks.  She may not have been told anything.  She may have been told that she will have a mama and a baba - but at not-quite-three, how much can she really comprehend?  How long will it be before we see this kind of joy on our daughter's face?






















So I've been praying with all of my heart that God will give her peace and comfort in the midst of her confusion and pain.  And I pray that He will show us how to help her feel safe and secure so that she can begin to heal.  Sometimes it feels like her hurts will be insurmountable...  but with God all things are possible.

No comments: