Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Amusement

Leave it up to Thomas to make every day interesting.  Last night he was horsing around (under strict orders not to) and he fell onto his broken arm.  He was initially hurting pretty bad but fell asleep under the influence of pain meds and woke up feeling okay.  We were still worried that he'd displaced the break so we checked in with the doctors back home and they recommended an x-ray be taken.  So this morning he and Jeff headed over to a local hospital and had films taken.


Since they had to return in the afternoon for the results, we took advantage of today's cooler weather and went to an amusement park.  The rides were fun, although I'm certain safety standards aren't nearly as strict here.  The boys played some games and won some interesting (dirty) stuffed animals and two "toy" airsoft pistols that are marked for ages 18 and up.  They had a small ocean/reptile "zoo" in the park where there was a sad assortment of animals kept in conditions that would make even the PETA opposition cringe, including a sea turtle in a tank about twice his length.  The best part may have been the tank with koi where the kids could pay for a baby bottle filled with water and fish food.  The fish would come up and suck the bottle like a baby - but with considerably more force.  


Thomas' appointment at the hospital went well.  The doctor thought his films looked good so we're set to wait it out till we get home.  The total bill for registration, the films and the interpretation?  Approximately $12.  Tomorrow Jeff and the boys will be going to Kate's orphanage to take some pictures and visit with the nannies and Kate's best friend.  They will also go the place where Kate was found and take some pictures there.  Based on her difficulty adjusting, we've elected to have me keep her at the hotel with me.  She is doing much better but is still very unsure at times and we don't want to reverse the progress she has made.
And I know you all only really come here for the pictures, so here goes...  


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures Robyn! Glad to hear Thomas's arm is ok. I smile at all the pink. Mary Grace has the same dress as Kate...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Whew! Another bullet dodged with Thomas' films looking okay :) You better put that boy on a leash !
I was wondering about the cost. $12 is very do-able. PTL! Please know we are taking good care of your kitties and Alvin even let me pet him yesterday. I almost got a purr out of that young man :o)
We love you all and can't wait to meet Kate and see the rest of you on Sept. 4th!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to everything you write on the blog, plus the pictures. I actually got on facebook with cousin Sarah and she was praying that Thomas would stop hurting his arm. I guess we need to be praying a little harder. He sounds a little like another Jared. I am glad that his arm is ok and $12...WOW! That is affordable. I was glad to hear (and see pics) of the amusement park. It is wise that Kate not make the trip to the orphanage. The two of you can have some mommy and daughter time. Hugs coming your way!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the pics Robyn! I'm so glad Thomas's arm is ok. Phew!! The kids and I were looking at the pictures this morning and Kate said "Oh, she's soooo cute". :) Maybe one day our 2 Kates will meet! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Unknown said...

So excited to hear each report! We will continue to pray for Kate, Thomas and the whole gang. My heart is SOOOO HAPPY for you guys... I can't express it with words!

Looking forward to meeting Kate!

Katchat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katchat said...

You have us eating out of the palm of your habd for everyday details Robyn.Like Jan I love the daily updates just as much as pictures.Glad Thomas didn't re break his arm.What is up with that.. $12 fee? Wow! Jake will take any air soft guns you have off your hands..Ha ha ha!